You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Slideshow recording greyed out in Keynote Export on Mac Mini?

I have a 2020 M1 Mac Mini 14.5 and want to export a Keynote presentation to MP4. In File > Export to > Movie > Playback I see 2 options. One is Self-Playing and the other is Slideshow Recording. However the Slideshow Recording is greyed out and not selectable. I have not found a way to select this option. Am I doing something wrong or is in not possible? Why is the option there if it is not selectable?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 2:58 PM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2024 5:32 PM in response to Bob1177

You can't export it to a Playback movie because you haven't yet recorded it.

Playback Movies include the full slideshow, animations, timing and audio recording.

In order to save one, you have to first walk through your presentation, recording the voiceover track, then you can export the playback.

Use Play -> Record Slideshow, then walk through your presentation.

Once competed you'll be able to export the playback (or use Play -> Clear Recording to discard the recording and do over)

Why is Slideshow recording greyed out in Keynote Export on Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.