You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Continuing AirPrint problem

My husband and I have successfully used AirPrint for both our iPads and iPhones until about a month ago. The document will start to print then a message appears saying “Printer is no longer available”. We can choose Try Again or Cancel. If ignored, a partial document prints. Try Again, results in the same thing. Cancel cancels the job. Then, another message comes up saying “The printer if busy” and we can Continue or Cancel Print Job. I have tried rebooting router and all devices to reset bonjour and that doesn’t help. Everything is on the same Wi-Fi. This printer is useless to me when trying to print from these devices. (It works fine from a Windows computer so I feel like it’s an AirPrint issue.). Any ideas? Many thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 12:08 PM

Similar issue will print one page documents but anything longer says printer not available ( for next page) some times tries to print 2 documents but only one called for. Recent problem.

11 replies

Jul 4, 2024 6:36 AM in response to PhylOB

I have experienced a similar problem - resolved by restarting all devices in the correct sequence.

Fully shut-down all of your devices - including your Printer and yout WiFi Router/modem.

Next, restart your WiFi Router/modem. The restart may take up to five minutes - so allow this time to elapse before proceeding.

After your Router has settled, restart any other network switches and WiFi extenders (if any) - and then restart the Printer.

Finally, restart your iPad/iPhone and any other client devices.

Jun 16, 2024 4:27 PM in response to PhylOB

If you continue to have difficulties, check to see if your iPad is using the new WiFi Private Address feature. This feature is intended to provide additional privacy and security when using “public” (untrusted) WiFi networks.

Settings > WiFi > [Your WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - Private Address

The Private Address feature is largely unnecessary for your home WiFi network; if enabled, Private Addressing can interfere with anticipated operation of other devices, such as AirPrint/Airplay. In such circumstances, you may need to disable this feature - and can be enabled or disabled for each individual network.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7 - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2024 6:27 AM in response to PhylOB

PhylOB wrote:

I have tried all suggestions without success. I have to send something I want to print to a laptop (Windows or Mac) and that works okay but nothing from iPhones or iPads using AirPrint. This worked fine until last update. Very frustrating!

If you have a security App installed (e.g., Norton) or a VPN App/profile installed, these can inhibit communication with local network resources - such as printers.

If you have either installed in your iPad, try deleting them from your iPad.

Continuing AirPrint problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.