You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand not working

My son was using GarageBand on my MacBook Pro and all was good, it stopped unexpectedly and now it won't open anymore. I run Sonoma 14.5, the garageband version is 10.4.11, I have removed it, restarted, and downloaded again and it still won't open. Is it no longer compatible, why was it just working and then not?

is there another app out there comparable to garageband?

Posted on May 27, 2024 5:29 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2024 3:06 PM in response to JenniferJK

Similar issue - just updated to Sonoma 14.5 and coincidentally my Garageband won't open anymore. I was able to use it once since it updated. I tried saving a file, it froze up, I ended task, and every time I've tried to open since it asks me to open to last saved version or last auto saved version. I've tried both options, each resulting in the eternally spinning rainbow wheel, to which I end task and repeat without success. Not sure if it was the update or what, but coincidental timing.

GarageBand not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.