You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Displaying iOS screen content with QuickTime Movie recording in MacOs.

Until recently I was able to select "My iPhone screen" or similar as video feed being outputted in Quicktime after having selected New Movie Recording.. . This feature seems to have disappeared and I can only select my iPhone's camera. While having my iPhone's camera as an input feed in QT movie recording is a nice enough feature, I REALLY want to see my Iphone screen return as an option.

I work in app development and being able to see my iPhone display as a live window in my MacOS desktop is a highly useful tool in my daily workflow. Please return this feature to Quicktime, it is very much missed.

P.S. I'm aware I may cast my iPhone screen content to my Mac using AirPlay, but this is not a satisfying replacement. AirPlay is limited when being used alongside other apps in a desktop environment. AirPlay always displays in fullscreen and have no options for configuration.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 3:26 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Displaying iOS screen content with QuickTime Movie recording in MacOs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.