You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of some of my ibooks because some books I purchased several years ago had a different account username and password.

Changes made to user names and passwords for Apple services, i.e., purchased iBook titles, should be systematic changes made to all of a users account purchases to preserve their ownership. I tried to reread a favorite iBook "I own(ed)" recently, but was denied access because I could not remember a password for an old user account. If I would have tried to change the password for the given username, it would have been sent to a distant galaxy in space. So I changed the user name... and guess what, I got the same error message. A "BIG" corporation, like APPLE, should have "BIG" fore-thoughts and prepare for such events. So how do I get to read a favorite book I purchased under my maiden name now that I'm married to a new identity?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 7:08 PM

There are no replies.

Locked out of some of my ibooks because some books I purchased several years ago had a different account username and password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.