You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone issues with Logic Pro after updating to Sonoma

Having updated to Sonoma (dreadful idea) I think I'm having issues with the built in microphone. When recording audio into Logic, despite my audio interface being selected, I have a feeling the mic is still picking up sound, which is causing an annoying delay. This isn't being recorded and I've tried different interfaces.

When Logic doesn't have access to the microphone, the problem stops, but obviously I can't record.

It doesn't make any difference if I mute the monitors and listen on headphones, but I suppose the mic would still pick up my guitar. I'm assuming it's a bug, as this never was an issue before.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 4:24 PM

I've tried every solution offered with no luck. Has anyone found the solution? This is so frustrating.

Similar questions

23 replies

Jun 20, 2024 7:51 AM in response to 5_6_9_1

I thought I was having CPU issues, but it turns out it's a MACOS problem...But it's weird because it kind of activates and deactivates the mic while I'm playing a LOGIC X project and went it does it, it goes back to the beginning of the track without stopping or crashing...and it doesn't stop playing it...

We need a solution to this...yesterday...I use LOGIC X for my full time job...and this is not good...

Aug 10, 2024 7:24 PM in response to 5_6_9_1

Hi there. I'm also having this issue. My microphone worked perfectly fine when recording in Logic Pro until the Sonoma software update but now the recording skips. Tried another interface but same problem. I have tried everything I have come across in various forums and the suggestions I have found here. Has anyone found a solution yet? Is Apple working on this or what?

Jul 27, 2024 9:06 AM in response to Altmusic

Altmusic - I've tried this and what happens is Logic will not only turn off the internal mac microphone but it then stops recognizing the Audio Box I'm using for recording.

Apple Support - is anyone working on this issue? Logic has not been the same since Sonoma update. Logic needs to be able to separate and distinguish between an Audio Box used to connect condenser microphones and the internal Mac microphone on a laptop or desktop. Logic should only be using the audio box for recording. This is creating latency issues when trying to record with condenser microphones using an external audio box.

Jul 30, 2024 12:03 AM in response to Altmusic

When using an external mic through an audio interface, you have to turn this back on in order to record with the mic in logic. One thing I noticed is that it seems to respond better when the audio is set to the audio interface in both the OS sound settings and input settings in logic. Used to be able to leave the input as built in mic in OS sound settings and only need to change the audio input in logic. Anyone chime in if this is still the case.

Microphone issues with Logic Pro after updating to Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.