You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff keeps launching software I'm not using and interfering with Universal Control

I have two macs, an iMac Pro and a Mac Studio. I use the Studio for video editing, and the iMac for everything else. I have them connected using Universal Control so I can use one mouse and keyboard for both.

What's frustrating is that Handoff apparently keeps launching a browser helper that is interfering with using the mouse, as it takes focus when it launches. It was happening with my main browser, Vivaldi, which I have installed on both computers, so I removed it from the Studio, and now it's doing it with Safari, which isn't running on either computer?! The mouse and keyboard are connected to the iMac, so I assume that's why this is happening on the Studio, but how do I get it to stop? Or at least not take focus, because it's frustrating to be typing, lose focus, and have to refocus on Premiere.

As far as I can tell, I need Handoff to make Universal Control work and there are no granular settings. Do I have to uninstall everything else to prevent this? Or just all the browsers that are on both systems?

What do I do?!

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 1:20 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Handoff keeps launching software I'm not using and interfering with Universal Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.