You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to get the App Store back after it deleted???

So my mum put a parental control on apps and I downloaded an app it didn’t like so it deleted the app and the App Store and because of this I can’t update any of my apps and it’s becoming really inconvenient. What should I do?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 12:59 PM

How do I get rid of the App Store on my child’s phone?

I got rid of it and now that I allowed it again it is not processing and allowing her to download apps again.

43 replies

Mar 27, 2024 6:57 AM in response to Ihaveaproblem2000

It appears the you have restrictions on your device that prevents app downloads and updates. This is done by the organizer of your Family Sharing plan. When the restriction is put in place, then you will no longer see the App Store on your phone. There is nothing you will be able to do to get the App Store back unless the parental control restriction is removed.

If you removed the App Store yourself, then you will find it in the App Library by swiping all the way to the left on your screen. You will find the App Store by searching for it there and can then place it on any of your Home Screens.

Find your apps in App Library on iPhone - Apple Support

Aug 2, 2024 4:09 PM in response to brenden270

brenden270 wrote:

How do you get the App Store back?
  • If you are using iOS 17, have you updated to iOS 17.6?
  • Have you check the App Library by swiping all the way to the left and entering "App Library" in the search field
  • Have you tried turning off Content & Privacy Restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions?

Aug 18, 2024 1:36 PM in response to anahi143

What were the results with the provided solution on this thread?

• If you are using iOS 17, have you updated to iOS 17.6.1?
  • Have you check the App Library by swiping all the way to the left and entering "App Library" in the search field
  • Have you tried turning off Content & Privacy Restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions? Since you have the same problem on 2 devices, it is likely due to these restrictions. The setting at Settings > Screen Time > Share Across Devices will duplicate those settings on all devices.

Aug 1, 2024 5:43 AM in response to Ihaveaproblem2000

So my dad went on my iPad and deleted this game called Roblox and he put this setting on so the App Store doesn’t come back and he un did that setting and now it’s not coming back and it comes back and then disappears and comes back it’s been since last night/yesterday and I can’t download my game Minecraft now…

Aug 10, 2024 2:22 PM in response to payton-9267

payton-9267 wrote:

My mom deleted this game called Roblox and now my App Store won’t come back because my mom deleted Roblox so come back like it’ll come back but then it will as soon as I try to press it it disappears and kicks me out

That is apparently exactly what your Mom wants to happen. She is in control of what you can and cannot do on your iPhone.

Sep 18, 2024 12:15 PM in response to Harleygirl6533

Harleygirl6533 wrote:

He used to let me get into my Apple Store, but no longer lets me do that when I tap on the side button twice

Not clear what you are trying to accomplish. Double clicking the side button is used to authorize purchases in the App Store or to bring up the Wallet app to make a purchase. Is it a problem with authorizing purchases in the App Store:

Disable double click side button in App S… - Apple Community

Do you have the App Store app?

Oct 1, 2024 9:59 AM in response to SusanJBarker

SusanJBarker wrote:

So what do I do?
  • Have you checked the App Library by swiping all the way to the left and entering "App Library" in the search field
  • Have you tried turning off Content & Privacy Restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions?
  • Have you shut off the setting at Settings > Screen Time > Share Across Devices?
  • Have you updated to the latest iOS?

How to get the App Store back after it deleted???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.