You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro 2011 won't boot up

I transported an iMac Pro 2011 face down on a blanket, flat in my pickup. I had just checked it out before I was giving to someone. It now does not turn on. Any suggestions what could have caused this? Vibration? Was facedown incorrect?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 9:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2024 8:15 AM in response to CSDITCO

There were no iMac Pros in 2011 so you must have the regular iMac. Can you confirm this is the 2011 model?

Do you hear a startup chime and nothing else, or does the power buttom do nothing?

Assuming is it a 2011 as stated, before trying to turn it on I would open the RAM door and remove, then reseat the RAM modules. It's possible for vibration to loosen RAM models in their slots.

True iMac Pros doe not have user-accessible RAM models

Fully reseating takes a strong, slow push, so support the top of the case with one hand while pushing the module with other.

Reference: Install memory in an iMac - Apple Support

iMac Pro 2011 won't boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.