You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low/Bad audio from guitar though USB interface in GarageBand

In GarageBand my guitar coming from a usb audio interface is very low (can barely hear it) and sounds like it's clipping or distored when I play hard and I'm monitoring the signal, but I can still barely hear it. If I record it sounds the same.

-All the volumes are up and I've tested at multiple levels.

-I've tried different outputs and they all sound the same

-I've tried 2 different USB audio interfaces (M-Audio 192|8 and Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB) and the both do the same.

-I've tried it in Audacity I can record fine. It sounds like it should, but Audacity won't let me monitor as I play that I can find, which is my goal.

It seems as if my new Mac mini has the appropriate drivers installed since it works in audacity.

Is there something in GarageBand that could be causing this that y'all know about?

Thanks!

BassBikerND

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 1:44 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Low/Bad audio from guitar though USB interface in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.