You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iCloud for Windows thinks Outlook is not installed

I just installed the latest iCloud for Windows (15.0.215) from the Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 machine. When I try to enable Calendars and Contacts, I get the message below that Outlook is not installed on the system. Outlook 2016 is installed, with the latest updates, as part of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 and the iCloud Outlook add-in is active. Any help on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 8:17 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

Mar 3, 2024 7:35 PM in response to badg0lfer

I went into Programs and Features and did a quick repair of Microsoft Office. This got me past the Outlook not installed error and now results in the following Incorrect username or password error whenever I try to enable Calendars and Contacts. It looks like there has been quite a bit of discussion on the user name or password error over the last few years. I tried several tips but so far nothing has been successful.

Jul 7, 2024 9:53 AM in response to Paul-Otz

I created an app specific password but I'm not sure where to enter it. I signed out of iCloud for Windows and tried to sign back in with the app specific password, but it says the password is invalid. I'm using a comcast email server. Do I need to change my comcast password to the app specific password? Can you document the process you used in more detail?

Aug 28, 2024 7:06 AM in response to badg0lfer

I tried to enable Calendars and Contacts again, just to see if anything changed. Apparently, something has changed because I didn't get the username and password error this time. I didn't change anything, and I wasn't trying to use an app specific password, but it actually started to try and sync. I was prompted to choose to sync all calendars or some calendars, so I chose all. However, that resulted in:

"Your configuration could not be started due to an unknown error. (0x800706ba)"

It looks like there has been a lot of discussion about that error, as well as a similar error about default profiles, but I did find a web site that helped:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlook-icloud-error0x800706ba/

Following the suggestions on that site, I chose to sync some, and not all calendars and contacts. When prompted, I unchecked everything, clicked continue and the process actually completed. I started outlook and now when I go into contacts, I see the iCloud contacts in the left hand navigation panel. Same for calendars. I didn't go any further with the suggestions on the web site, since this is good enough for me at this point. I probably won't pursue this any further, until I'm forced to go to Windows 11, or if the process crashes again with some other error.

Sep 3, 2024 5:04 PM in response to badg0lfer

Hello Every one

Please read this through before you proceed (Thank you)

What a week, 4 TB Data crash then recovery and then outlook not installed and the Dr. Says I am not allowed to Drink. I could not think of a better time to start.

Here is how you fix this

make sure you have your SN for office first, Mine was 2019 Pro with SN (not a monthly subscription)

if you are not sure use bellarc advisor free down load the will give you the last five digits of your SN

now that you have it uninstall office (HO MY ???)

Next Uninstall iCloud click on start and then right click on the app iCloud and uninstall

you may want to use advanced uninstaller pro (Free) and use the clean up utility to make sure it is all out

Now reinstall the 32 bit copy of office. Mine was 2019 Pro, if you install the 64 bit version it will not install iCloud

Insert the SN when asked

Next check for updates to office

open word then click on account under file the update options and finally update now

when done reboot your computer

now go to Microsoft store and type in iCloud

install it and when asked you will be able to allow calendars and contacts

hope this helps

Stewart Goodin

iCloud for Windows thinks Outlook is not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.