You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The MAC is very slow, in fact it has always been slow since day one.

Every time I turn on the MAC it takes more than 15 minutes to start using it. When I use Garage band, the mac stops and the error "It is very slow" appears on the screen... in short, it takes a long time to open any application and there are some that do not work (for example _Bias AMP 2)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 7:43 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2024 8:15 AM in response to tati277

instead of us playing 20 questions, i'm thinking you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. Learn how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

The MAC is very slow, in fact it has always been slow since day one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.