You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage issues iOS 17.3.1

iMessage issues on iPhone 12 Pro Max since updating to iOS 17.3.1. I can no longer send iMessage and it reverts to sending all messages via SMS - even with other iPhone users. I have tried to enable/disable iMessage, sign-out/sign-in iCloud, rebooted, and even restored the iPhone with an iCloud backup, turned-off contact verification, enabled/disabled airplane mode, verified the correct date/time, verified no iCloud outages, amongst other things. Nothing has corrected the problem. This occurs when on WiFi and the carrier's network.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 21, 2024 2:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 27, 2024 4:15 AM in response to vincentfromwaco

This has been happening to me for a couple weeks as well (iPhone 14 Pro Max). And yesterday my phone stopped delivering notifications for texts. I receive the text and the badge is on the app icon; notifications are delivered to my iPad and MacBook Air, but phone does not deliver a push notification or show the message in my Notification Center on my phone. Settings haven’t changed and indicate that notifications should be delivered as normal. Not in Do Not Disturb mode or anything like that.

iMessage issues iOS 17.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.