You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac performance issues with multiple browser tabs open

I can hardly open 3 browser at the same time... every time I do that, Mac just hangs and I can hear Fn running very fast

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Feb 13, 2024 9:04 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 16, 2024 3:35 PM in response to shashitham

Firstly, ensure that your macOS and all your applications are up to date. Updates often include performance optimizations and bug fixes that can improve overall system stability and speed.

Next, check if any resource-intensive processes are causing the slowdown. Open the Activity Monitor (you can find it in the Applications folder under Utilities) and look for any processes that are consuming a significant amount of CPU, memory, or energy. If you identify any such processes, try closing the associated applications or troubleshooting them individually.

Additionally, consider optimizing your browser settings to reduce resource usage. For example, you can limit the number of open tabs, disable unnecessary browser extensions, and clear your browsing history and cache regularly.

If the issue persists, it's worth resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your M1 MacBook Pro. Here's how:

1. Shut down your MacBook Pro.

2. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then release it.

3. Wait a few seconds, then press the power button again to turn on your MacBook Pro.

Resetting the SMC can often resolve various hardware-related issues, including performance problems.

If none of the above steps improve the performance of your M1 MacBook Pro, consider reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide personalized troubleshooting steps based on your specific situation or arrange a repair if necessary. Additionally, you can visit an Apple Store or authorized service provider for in-person support.

Feb 16, 2024 5:28 PM in response to shashitham

I would recommend that you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. Learn how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

M1 Mac performance issues with multiple browser tabs open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.