You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden I have extra radio buttons associated with everything on the desktop

I have an iMacPro from 2017. After I upgraded to Sonoma every icon on my Desktop would get a number associated with it, however, at first the numbers did no persist so they were only a minor annoyance. Now, every icon or title on the desktop has another radio button associated with it that duplicates the title and these radio buttons cover up a lot of other information. I'd like to know how to get rid of them.

iMac Pro, macOS 14.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 11:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2024 11:34 AM in response to Dave Reubush

Maybe try a restart into Safe mode (check to be sure it gets there)

and that might fix it by magic; often Safe mode when deployed can

do adjustments and minor fixes automatically. Restart to test this.

Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/116946

Otherwise, you might try using Recovery mode for OS version.

Or Re-Install the macOS.

"If the issue continues in safe mode, the easiest and most likely solution is to reinstall macOS.

Reinstalling macOS doesn't remove your personal files, so you can do it whenever you need to."

All of a sudden I have extra radio buttons associated with everything on the desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.