You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain Button and knobs on the Native Instrument A49 keyboard do not work in MainStage

When I use this keyboard in logic, the top 8 knobs automatically control volume faders for instruments and the tap tempo button works. However when I go into MainStage to assign these buttons, MainStage does not recognize these controllers. I have the mod wheel working no problem but I'd really like to get the tempo button and 8 knobs on top working to assign to functions within MainStage.

With the Mod wheel I just add it digitally to the screen, tap assign then move the mod wheel and it auto assigns. When I try the other options there's no reaction from the computer whatsoever.

Any advice or help would be very appreciated!

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 12:27 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2024 6:48 PM in response to tfromtroon

Yes thats where I'm having the trouble. I add the controls in layout mode but when I try to assign them, MainStage doesn't seem to find them. When I add the mod wheel or pitch shift wheel, I just have to touch them and MainStage automatically recognizes it and its assigned with no issue. With the faders I have to manually enter the details to the digital representation but it still does not work.

Certain Button and knobs on the Native Instrument A49 keyboard do not work in MainStage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.