You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Remote disconnects and lags when using with iMac

I have an iPad with Keynote that I use to control a presentation running on an iMac in a media room. The Mac and iPad are connected to the same router and network and the displays are hardwired to the Mac, so I'm not using AirPlay. However sometimes when advancing to the next slide there a few second delay before the transition starts and sometimes it skips the transition effect all together and just jumps to the next slide. In addition to this sometimes the remote will disconnect from and we have to hit play presentation again on the keynote app for the iPad. The router, iMac, and iPad are all within 30ft from one another with no wall obstructing the signal. We have a Netgear Nighthawk Router and Fiber internet running 300Mbps. Any ideas on wby this could be happing?

iPad

Posted on Jan 26, 2024 12:55 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 1, 2024 1:16 PM in response to hebron289

Same here, controlling a Mac (or iPad) running Keynote, from Keynote on an iPad (or iPhone) either doesn’t connect or disconnects with less than a minute of use. This used to work in years past. Re-binding the devices didn’t help. Running Sonoma and iOS 17.

My workaround: open the Keynote file on the iPad, and AirPlay from the iPad to the Mac (or Apple TV box or other AirPlay device). To start AirPlay, I opened Control Panel, tapped the Screen Mirroring button, and chose the Mac. You get the same presenter’s view on the iPad as you would running it as the Remote. AirPlay seems more reliable than Keynote remote-ing on the same wi-fi network.

Keynote Remote disconnects and lags when using with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.