You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Mainstage be used as the midi clock master?

Im not technical at all. I want to get my ditto X4 looper to be in sync with my MainStage song. Can somebody explain it really easy.. or in little steps...Thanks!!

MacBook Pro (M3, 2023)

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 9:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 17, 2023 9:05 AM in response to Marcmain01

Yes. Add a channel strip to your patch. In the pop up window select external MIDI as the channel strip type. Also in the pop up window choose your Ditto X4 looper as an output (MIDI outputs are in the upper dropdown menu). It should show up if you connected it to your computer via USB. You should be good to go by selecting Channel 1-16.

After that select the newly added channel strip. In the bottom middle of the screen there should show up your channel strip information and settings. If not hit ⌘6. There you can select the tab MIDI output. Then activate the checkmark for the MIDI clock. I think you have to hit play (top right in MainStage) so that the MIDI clock is send.

Can Mainstage be used as the midi clock master?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.