You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with rendering 3D objects in apple motion

When I render a video in Apple Motion, some objects are rendered with blinking white stripes:

On the first table you can clearly see white dots and stripes. What can cause this problem?

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 12:04 PM

What is likely causing the problem is Render Quality. (It could also be mid to low quality 3D resolution USDZ files.)

When you export your video, you should go to the Render settings and click Highest Quality:

I'm not a big fan of Motion Blur or Frame Blending, so I would likely turn those off as well.

This suggestion may not solve your problem!

I do almost all my 3D work with 3D Text. I have no fondness for USDZ models (no way to customize materials and textures within Motion itself — not to mention that the two object types cannot be mixed in one environment) and rarely (read "never") use the feature. I've based my answer on similar situations with 3D Text.

HTH

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2023 12:04 PM in response to JustinLex

What is likely causing the problem is Render Quality. (It could also be mid to low quality 3D resolution USDZ files.)

When you export your video, you should go to the Render settings and click Highest Quality:

I'm not a big fan of Motion Blur or Frame Blending, so I would likely turn those off as well.

This suggestion may not solve your problem!

I do almost all my 3D work with 3D Text. I have no fondness for USDZ models (no way to customize materials and textures within Motion itself — not to mention that the two object types cannot be mixed in one environment) and rarely (read "never") use the feature. I've based my answer on similar situations with 3D Text.

HTH

Problem with rendering 3D objects in apple motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.