You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using reset/compare patch not resetting all screen controls in MainStage

My goal: during a performance, I want to be able to adjust virtual synth parameters in real time via mapped hardware controls, and then be able to reset the patch to its saved settings by hitting a single button on my pedalboard controller (as opposed to navigating away from, and back to, the patch I'm using).

After following instructions in the MainStage User Guide to set up a 'reset/compare patch' screen control, the button does work but only resets certain screen controls to their saved value. Specifically, it appears to reset only the volume pedal. At first I thought it was only resetting screen controls mapped to "Same as Input", but I have the volume pedal mapped at the patch level. Next, I thought it might not be resetting screen controls set to "Jump" under 'Respond to Hardware Move', but I have other screen controls set to "Pickup" like the volume pedal, and they are not being reset. Only thing I can think of is that I have the other screen controls mapped directly to parameters of the virtual instrument plug-in (UADx Moog), whereas the volume pedal is mapped to the volume fader on the corresponding channel strip. Any help here would be appreciated!

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 3:57 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Using reset/compare patch not resetting all screen controls in MainStage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.