You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Previous Version of Motion for macOS Catalina

I previously purchased Motion software for a newer MacBook. Now, I am using a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro using macOS Catalina. I am unable to down the current version of Motion from the App Store because in needs a newer MacOS to work.

Is there a way to download an older version of Motion that will run on Catalina v 10.15.7?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 9:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 11:40 PM

Yes.

Open the App Store, click on your account at the bottom left of the App Store window.

You will see your purchases on the right. Locate Motion amongst your purchases.

Does it show a cloud icon, or does it say Open?

If the former, just click to download.

If the latter, move the existing app to the trash (but don't empty it), and then open the App Store again and download.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2023 11:40 PM in response to Bonafide_Antihero

Yes.

Open the App Store, click on your account at the bottom left of the App Store window.

You will see your purchases on the right. Locate Motion amongst your purchases.

Does it show a cloud icon, or does it say Open?

If the former, just click to download.

If the latter, move the existing app to the trash (but don't empty it), and then open the App Store again and download.

Download Previous Version of Motion for macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.