You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opened Excel File on iPad, Overwrote Old Version with New Version!

Hello,

so I had an extremely important excel file which I was always editing on my Mac. I had it saved on iCloud Drive (NOT OneDrive).

Yesterday, I didn't have my Mac so I opened it with my iPad, which I haven't done in months. All of the sudden I see an extremely old version of my file (its the version from when I last opened it with my iPad I suppose).

The new version, which I have been editing for months is now GONE!

Also on my Mac, now it's the old version. I cannot find the new version anymore because the file has become the old version. My iPad simply overwrite the file I guess!

HOW can I get my hands on the new version. Its quite important to me, and how can it be that the iPad just overwrites with a months old version.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 5:37 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 24, 2023 6:16 AM in response to aurélien-gaël

There is a similar procedure in Windows to recover files.

To restore a deleted file or folder

1. Open Computer by selecting the Start button  , and then selecting Computer.
  2. Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then select Restore previous versions. If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example C:\, right-click the drive, and then select Restore previous versions.

3. You'll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. The list will include files saved on a backup (if you are using Windows Backup to back up your files) as well as restore points, if both types are available.

Good luck.

Opened Excel File on iPad, Overwrote Old Version with New Version!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.