You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I charge my MacBook Air M2 with 65w Lenovo USB-C charger ? 

I have a 65w Lenovo USB-C charger and I was wondering if I could charge my MacBook Air M2 (2023) with it without any problems? is this compatible? Because I just lost my apple charger and I was wondering while waiting for a new one If I could use this one.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 8:37 AM

You can use it with no ill effect.

Excerpted from Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support,

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac laptop with any USB-C power adapter or display. You can safely use a power adapter or display with higher or lower wattage than the adapter included with your Mac."

If you use a power adapter with a lower power output than the one included with your Mac, it will not charge as quickly, but it will not damage anything.

Charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Conversely, using power adapters with a higher power output will not damage anything either: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Charlotteglls

You can use it with no ill effect.

Excerpted from Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support,

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac laptop with any USB-C power adapter or display. You can safely use a power adapter or display with higher or lower wattage than the adapter included with your Mac."

If you use a power adapter with a lower power output than the one included with your Mac, it will not charge as quickly, but it will not damage anything.

Charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Conversely, using power adapters with a higher power output will not damage anything either: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Can I charge my MacBook Air M2 with 65w Lenovo USB-C charger ? 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.