You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share iCloud storage with my family?

I cannot share ICloud storage with my family members.

1. When I Go to Settings > Family. 
  2. Tap Subscriptions.
  3. Tap iCloud+. I see that I included into my previous family members, but I purchaa sed new cloud plan and what to share it with new family members

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 4:42 AM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2023 8:15 AM in response to marichka256

Hi marichka256,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need some help to share your iCloud+ subscription with your family sharing group, correct?

This is a handy resource which explains step-by-step how to set up iCloud+ to share with your family: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

"Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family

To share iCloud+, you need iOS 11 or later, iPadOS, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. For the best experience, make sure that your family members' devices meet these requirements, too.

Learn what to do if a family member already has iCloud+

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 or later:

1. If you haven't set up Family Sharing yet, set up Family Sharing
  2. Go to Settings > Family. 
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Tap iCloud+.
  5. Follow the steps to share your existing plan.
  6. Use Messages to let any family members with an existing iCloud+ plan know that they can now switch to your shared iCloud+ plan."

We hope this helps you.

Kind regards.

Oct 25, 2023 5:32 AM in response to marichka256

marichka256,

If you see a list of a previous family, you would need to remove yourself first.

These steps can guide you:

"Remove yourself from a family group

Any family member age 13 or older* can remove themselves from a family group. If you have Screen Time turned on for your account, the family organizer must remove you

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. 
  3. Tap your name.
  4. Tap Stop Using Family Sharing. Stop Using Family Sharing is located below Location Sharing."

Additional details can be found here: Leave Family Sharing

After leaving your previous family, then attempt top set up/join a new family and share your iCloud storage.

Let us know the results.

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Omar_A1

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that here:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. 
  3. Tap your name.
  4. Tap Stop Using Family Sharing.

I see my new created Family

1. and here Go to Settings > Family. 
  2. Tap Subscriptions.
  3. Tap iCloud+.

I see list of my previous family, and cannot remove myself from there. organizer of previous family did not see me in the list of family members

something strange, do not now how to fix it. I tried logging out and log in, install the latest updates, runoff, and turning on the device, but no success

How can I share iCloud storage with my family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.