You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 slow internet

I just made the switch to iPhone from a Samsung and am experiencing slow internet across multiple apps, my Samsung did not experience these things and I have not changed my WiFi just my phone. The slow down is largely apps not loading, refreshing or hard buffering times. Is there a way to fix it?

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 8:08 PM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Beans52

Beans52 Said:

"iPhone 15 slow internet: I just made the switch to iPhone from a Samsung and am experiencing slow internet across multiple apps, my Samsung did not experience these things and I have not changed my WiFi just my phone. The slow down is largely apps not loading, refreshing or hard buffering times. Is there a way to fix it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Slow iPhone WiFi:

Four Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

D. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2024 8:16 AM in response to Beans52

I found a solution for iPhone 15 super slow wifi.

I think the iPhone's problem is preferring for some reason 2,4 GHz over 5 GHz from your home modem.

New modems have usually band steering mode. This means your appliances can choose wifi frequencies automatically from your home wifi network.

2,4 GHz has a longer range and slower speed and it is compatible with most electronics

5 GHz shorter range and higher speed and for newer electronics

If we create 2 separate wifi one for 2,4 GHz and the other for 5 GHz, and let the iPhone connect to only 5 GHz, speeds go instantly higher.

• Find your home modem and connect to the admin page in your internet browser.
  • You will find the address and password at the bottom of your modem
  • The address is 192.168.x.x. In my case 192.168.0.1.
  • In the admin console under WiFi, enable networks 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz
  • Name them differently and apply changes
  • In iPhone wifi settings ignore the old wifi network, and connect only to a 5 GHz network and that is it.

Video how to do it!

iPhone 15 slow internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.