You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I receiving adware popups on my Mac?

I have a very effective program that removes adware and malware quite nicely, but now that Apple has begun using adware, they're using one that I can't remove. So now I get all these "PC is at risk" messages which if clicked on, takes one to Apple App Store where they are selling a program, a privacy ad blocker. Pretty neat trick. Using privacy ads to sell a privacy ad blocker. So, is there any way, without giving Apple another $50.00 to get this to stop?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 11:33 AM

So I still get, over and over all the time, the "Viruses Found," "Critical Virus Alert," act. So to top it off, it doesn't work. Seems rather a scam to me...

Those are scams. However, you agreed to receive them. Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community describes how you did that. So don't do that.

6 replies

Oct 23, 2023 10:38 AM in response to muguy

Indeed, yet the principle is the popup takes one to the App Store, where an app is sold to block pop-ups. It is adware but is immune to the adware removal program I use. Also, I downloaded it and it doesn't block the adware that takes one to the app-store. So I still get, over and over all the time, the "Viruses Found," "Critical Virus Alert," act. So to top it off, it doesn't work. Seems rather a scam to me...

Why am I receiving adware popups on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.