You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my Apple ID on my Apple Watch? I forgot my old iCloud that it’s connected to

I restarted my Apple Watch and updated my iPhone but when I go the pair it it asks me the put in the Apple ID password that I used for my Apple Watch but I forgot it since it’s been so long since I used my watch. How do I change my gmail and password for my watch so I can sync them?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:53 AM

You must first regain access to that account, if you wipe the watch, it is still protected by activation lock

Try and recover your acount How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If this is not working, and you're the original owner of the iPhone and can provide valid proof of purchase information, , you can start an Activation Lock support request.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2023 7:53 AM in response to ChloeHanson

You must first regain access to that account, if you wipe the watch, it is still protected by activation lock

Try and recover your acount How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If this is not working, and you're the original owner of the iPhone and can provide valid proof of purchase information, , you can start an Activation Lock support request.

How do I change my Apple ID on my Apple Watch? I forgot my old iCloud that it’s connected to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.