You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my settings profile is grayed out!

I cannot access my account on my phone. Since the new update, now it is grayed out. I have read about checking the SCREEN TIME settings & read to make sure it is ALLOWED; But, there is no specific setting to toggle on Allow. So why is this happening?

Screen time "understand how much time you spend on your devices. set limits on how long & when apps can be used. Restrict apps, websites & more" is what Apple says about Screen Time purpose. I don't want to use this setting at all. (Really, I do not need managed) so how do I TURN OFF SCREEN TIME if that is hampering my profile ID from being available?

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:01 AM

This is most likely due to screen time restrictions. Go to screen time>content and privacy restrictions and turn those completely off

To turn off screen time altogether, you can go to settings>screen time>scroll all the way down>select turn off screen time

Hope this helps!

2 replies

Suddenly my settings profile is grayed out!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.