You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding iPhone with Apple Watch

When I swipe up on my Apple Watch in an attempt to find my phone, the normal options are not there. Now the display is a clock, day & date, and weather. I want my old options back, please help!!

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 10:02 AM

I tried that, and that brought up the cancel, medical ID, SOS page.

I have the latest up date loaded on my watch. Yes, it is 10.

7 replies

Jul 21, 2024 9:44 AM in response to Gibbymom3

Gibbymom3 wrote:

What worked?? I still get the medical ID and SOS when I press the side button!

DO NOT hold the flat oval side button. Just a quick press and release.

Getting the press and release timing just right can be an issue. You can make it more reliable by changing:

Apple Watch -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed

After changing this I never accidentally get the Emergency Services display.

“Side Button Click Speed” can adjust the press and release timing, so you get the Control Center display every time. Adjusting The “Side Button Click Speed” is also useful for Apple Pay’s double press and release. There is “Default” (sub second press and release timing needed), “Slow” (up to a second between press and release), and “Slowest” (up to 2 seconds between press and release). I like the “Slow” setting. And as I said, I do not accidentally get the wrong display.

NOTE: Slow and Slowest settings do not mean you have to wait a full second or 2 seconds between press and release. It just means you do not need to be super fast.

Finding iPhone with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.