You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini2010,Deleted admin account and tried restoring mac os high sierra and can’t anyway ive tried! Says cant connect to recovery server or doesnt show disk after fixing with disk utility please help

Mac Mini2010,Deleted admin account and tried restoring mac os high sierra and can’t anyway ive tried! Says cant connect to recovery server or doesnt show disk after fixing with disk utility please help!!! I’ve tried restoring it with all options possible. Usb intaller,command + R and command+options+R and even shift+command+options+R and to no avail i get similar cruddy responses. My mac mini is connected via ethernet so its not a connection issue either. I’m truly at a loss for words on what to do here. I just downloaded 2 USB recovery installers from a friends mac running ventura and hopefully that will work when i try it. Honestly i think the issue is when fixing the disk in disk’s utility it won’t switch from Mac Os Extended Journaled To AFPS,If i can get that to switch to that then it should work because thats the error it gives me in installer log. So how can i switch it to AFPS or fix this???? I don’t have access to another mac at home so im limited

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 7:06 AM

Do you have the original gray Snow Leopard Disc set that came with the 2010 Mac mini?

If you do, startup from it, format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Install Snow Leopard, then upgrade to High Sierra.

If not, then you will need to startup from a bootable High Sierra installer, a High Sierra Clone or High Sierra installed on an external drive. Then use Disk Utility to format APFS the Mac mini's internal drive and Install High Sierra.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 7:06 AM in response to Leflueur

Do you have the original gray Snow Leopard Disc set that came with the 2010 Mac mini?

If you do, startup from it, format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Install Snow Leopard, then upgrade to High Sierra.

If not, then you will need to startup from a bootable High Sierra installer, a High Sierra Clone or High Sierra installed on an external drive. Then use Disk Utility to format APFS the Mac mini's internal drive and Install High Sierra.

Oct 10, 2023 8:16 PM in response to Leflueur

Leflueur Said:

"[...]Honestly i think the issue is when fixing the disk in disk’s utility it won’t switch from Mac Os Extended Journaled To AFPS,If i can get that to switch to that then it should work because thats the error it gives me in installer log. So how can i switch it to AFPS or fix this???? I don’t have access to another mac at home so im limited"

-------

Sounds accurate to me. So, you'd have to format it with AFPD while in Disk Utility, prior to performing this install. Is that not an option?

Mac Mini2010,Deleted admin account and tried restoring mac os high sierra and can’t anyway ive tried! Says cant connect to recovery server or doesnt show disk after fixing with disk utility please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.