You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have walked through all the trouble shooting steps to send an imessage but it STILL does not work on my iphone.

I have walked through all the trouble shooting steps to send an imessage but it STILL does not work on my iphone. I have disabled SMS and MMS and imessage and restarted my phone and then enabled SMS, MMS and imessage and my phone still gives me a message to enable imessage. I have unchecked my phone number and my email address and restarted my phone and rechecked my phone number and email as well as signed in with my Apple ID and I STILL cannot send a message through imessage. Why is this so hard to fix?!

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 11:55 AM

If you have followed all steps at If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone - Apple Support AND you've waited 24 hours, per this article it is time to call or chat Apple for additional help.

1 reply

I have walked through all the trouble shooting steps to send an imessage but it STILL does not work on my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.