You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to trade in my mac and get an english keyboard version only?

I currently have a macbook pro 16 with a thai / english keyboard layout, and just really dont like the current keyboard layout and i always misfire and change language randomly, i want to know if its an option to actually change over my current layout and get the same model laptop or get a technician to change over the layout?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 11:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 3:07 AM

Hi,

Return and refund policy in Thailand.

Returns & refund - Shopping Help - Apple (TH)

If you can't return and refund your MacBook Pro, you could Trade-In and get new MacBook Pro with English keyboard.

Apple Trade In - Apple (TH)

6 replies

Oct 8, 2023 5:33 AM in response to harryjp0

harryjp0 wrote:

only issue with this, is that i have the m1 macbook pro 16 inch not the latest model, i currently would want it to just be the same model i am fine with, or am i able to pay someone at apple to just change it round?

You need to contact Apple stores or service centers where you live directly yourself. Nobody in these forums has the kind of info you need.

Oct 8, 2023 8:10 AM in response to harryjp0

When you install a different keyboard, only the Gyphs on the tops of keys are different. The entire rest of the keyboard and the rest of the computer is completely identical all around the world.

The keyboard generates key-position codes, and the different languages are produced through Software settings.

The computer can not see those Glyphs, and they are for your convenience ONLY. if you change to a keyboard with only English Gyphs, EVERYTHING else will be exactly the same.

It sounds from what you wrote that your most vexing issue has NOTHING to do with keyboard Glyphs. If you want to lock in English Layout, that is just some simple software settings.

Oct 8, 2023 8:56 AM in response to harryjp0

harryjp0 wrote:

i always misfire and change language randomly

To make that less likely, here are two things you can try:

+Make sure that the box in Settings > Keyboard > Input sources which says Use Caps Lock to Switch is unchecked.

+Make sure that the item in Settings > Keyboard which says Press Fn Key To is not set to Change Input Source.

Is it possible to trade in my mac and get an english keyboard version only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.