You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I enable tracking on my iPhone when I am 18?

My phone will not let me enable tracking because of the minimum age requirement, but I’m q8???

Can not enable tracking, even though I am 18 years old.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:39 PM

bjoneess Said:

"My phone will not let me enable tracking because of the minimum age requirement, but I’m q8???: Can not enable tracking, even though I am 18 years old."

-------

Troubleshooting Enabling Tracking:

The ability to perform this is circumstantial.

1. Go Here: If an App Asks to Track your Activity - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you can't turn on the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting

Screenshot:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2023 8:39 PM in response to bjoneess

bjoneess Said:

"My phone will not let me enable tracking because of the minimum age requirement, but I’m q8???: Can not enable tracking, even though I am 18 years old."

-------

Troubleshooting Enabling Tracking:

The ability to perform this is circumstantial.

1. Go Here: If an App Asks to Track your Activity - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you can't turn on the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting

Screenshot:

Jul 17, 2024 6:11 PM in response to devyn44

devyn44 Said:

"This didn’t help it still says the same thing"

-------

I've provided facts as to what this may be occurring.

So, if it will not work...

A. Start with a Restart...

Restart your iPhone, and then wait 30 seconds to power it back on.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shutdown

B. If Greyed-Out:

Clear the caches. I tried clearing my Temporary Internet Files, but it was greyed-out. Clearing the caches fixed this.

If still andissue...

C. Reset to Factory Settings:

Your SIM card will not be deleted. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Then, set it up, once more. IMPORTANT: Be sure to create a backup of your iPhone to a computer, prior to the reset, that way, you can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrongs after the reset.

Why can't I enable tracking on my iPhone when I am 18?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.