You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing Motion 5

Hello I am new here and I am trying to get some guidance on purchasing a version of Motion that goes with Big Sur. I am using fcpx 10.5.4 and it states that I need to upgrade to the latest OS in order to use the version that is offered. I know they say that it has to be updated and if not then you aren't able to used it period. I didn't think I would be forced to do upgrades.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 11:11 PM

You can use your FCP on your Big Sur Mac, but to purchase Motion it has to be done while running Ventura 13.4 or later, or Sonoma.

You can use a friend's computer to make the purchase - using YOUR Apple Id.

Then delete Motion from that computer.

Back into your Big Sur Mac, log in to the App Store with your ID, click on your account at the bottom left and locate Motion amongst your purchases. Click the cloud button to download (*). You will be warned that the current version does not work and asked if you want the latest that does.

(*) this has to be done from your account, and not by searching for Motion in the App Store at large.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2023 11:11 PM in response to Dacalm01

You can use your FCP on your Big Sur Mac, but to purchase Motion it has to be done while running Ventura 13.4 or later, or Sonoma.

You can use a friend's computer to make the purchase - using YOUR Apple Id.

Then delete Motion from that computer.

Back into your Big Sur Mac, log in to the App Store with your ID, click on your account at the bottom left and locate Motion amongst your purchases. Click the cloud button to download (*). You will be warned that the current version does not work and asked if you want the latest that does.

(*) this has to be done from your account, and not by searching for Motion in the App Store at large.

Purchasing Motion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.