You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security lockout-what? I didn’t forget my passcode !

I have a message each time I try to open my phone that says security lockout and tells me to try again in a certain time frame. I wait and try again and get same message except the time frame is longer. I am currently at a three hour wait to try again. The screen also gives this link to visit “support.Apple.com/phone/passcode” and when entered says that doesn’t exist. Ehat is going on? What are my next steps?

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:18 PM

Watch out: If you enter the wrong passcode too often, you might be forced to erase and reset the phone. I've read that in iOS 17, Apple has modified this a bit. If you change your passcode and forget the new one, you have a three day grace period in which you can use your Apple ID / Apple ID password, and your previous passcode, to get back into the phone without erasing it.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2023 2:18 PM in response to Lewis2ca

Watch out: If you enter the wrong passcode too often, you might be forced to erase and reset the phone. I've read that in iOS 17, Apple has modified this a bit. If you change your passcode and forget the new one, you have a three day grace period in which you can use your Apple ID / Apple ID password, and your previous passcode, to get back into the phone without erasing it.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Security lockout-what? I didn’t forget my passcode !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.