You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notification sounds after IOS17 update

None of my notification sounds are working since my phone updated, despite all the troubleshooting. How do I fix this issue? So frustrating!

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 5:17 PM

If my phone is locked no notification sound when i got message via messenger/viber/whatsapp. This is frustrating because loosing chance to reply in time. Wish i could downgrade to iOS 16 that was better…

7 replies

Dec 2, 2023 10:17 AM in response to bryanr14

Both of these suggestions do nothing with helping the sounds return to my phone! Yesterday, out of nowhere the tones returned for a short time only to stop again a little later. This post software update causing phone issues has happened to me too many times in the past! I've spent countless hours on the phone with apple senior staff and these problems keep reoccurring! I'm tired of apple blaming my phone (less than 1 year old) and instructing me to erase the phone and reinstall everything! I have better things to do in life then to clean up messes created by apple engineers! My next phone will be an android based unit!

Oct 2, 2023 5:32 AM in response to TMiller2781

Hello TMiller2781,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We recommend to make sure that your iPhone is not in Silent Mode. Here's how: Select ringtones and vibrations on iPhone - Apple Support

Then, let's go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > move the slider to the maximum volume underneath "Ringtone and Alerts." Then test to see if you can hear the sound notifications for your apps.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Dec 6, 2023 1:03 AM in response to scfdfireman

Yes & ASAP! This is highly affecting my perceived job integrity, in terms of responding to any & everything incoming when I’m not looking directly at my phone. (O great—introducing new ringtones, a feat that was way long overdue! But Not that important & actually now intrusively so: it felt weird when I noticed that suddenly many of my previously & individually set ringtones & alarms were suddenly upgraded to something different. I have many contacts to juggle & had taken the time to set up specific tones for a reason! Yes, I’m upset~>UNDERSTATEMENT.

Not to mention, now I hear nothing!

No notification sounds after IOS17 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.