You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Apple Podcasts to auto play the next podcast from the "up next" queue??

Auto play the next episode within a podcast is straight forward

What I cannot figure out is how to enable that auto play next feature in the queue of episodes from different podcasts that are in the "up next" section.

I will have 2+ episodes and apple podcasts stops after each episode. Now if I am within a show....the episodes auto play next no problem.

Help!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 12:01 AM

To enable auto play for the "Up Next" queue in Apple Podcasts, follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Podcasts.
    2. Scroll down to Podcast Settings.
    3. Toggle on Continuous Playback.

This feature allows for automatic playback of the next podcast episode in your "Up Next" queue [​1]​.

7 replies

Nov 23, 2023 5:02 AM in response to LandingAgency

Unfortunately, Apple Podcasts doesn't currently have a feature that automatically plays the next podcast from the "Up Next" queue. It only auto-plays the next episode within the same podcast.

If you want to listen to a continuous stream of episodes from different podcasts, you'll need to manually add each episode to the "Up Next" queue and play them one by one.

Nov 23, 2023 6:19 AM in response to LandingAgency

issues you're experiencing with the Podcasts app on iOS 17. It seems like there are several bugs affecting the app, including the inability to auto-play the next episode from the "Up Next" queue.

Unfortunately, there's no official workaround or fix available yet. However, you can report the issue to Apple through their bug reporting system. This will help them identify the problem and prioritize a resolution.

How to get Apple Podcasts to auto play the next podcast from the "up next" queue??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.