You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch list view always starting at the top, even after just accessing

My Apple Watch Ultra II now always starts at the top when I go to it in list mode. Before it would keep it's place when I used it and then returned to it. I am constantly sliding it down to the app I need where before it stayed in position. Is there a way to make this work the way it did before.

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2024 12:20 PM

Just read on Reddit “Turn on reduce motion in accessibility settings”. Worked for me. Note, the setting is on the watch itself. Not sure what else is affected, but it fixes this issue immediately.

6 replies

Oct 3, 2023 12:17 PM in response to catscanjim

Hi catscanjim,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your Apple Watch and paired iPhone. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues.

Restart your iPhone

Restart Apple Watch

Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.

Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
The front of Apple Watch, with the Digital Crown shown at the top on the right side of the watch and the side button shown at the bottom right.

Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging.

Regards.

Apple Watch list view always starting at the top, even after just accessing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.