You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBookPro battery registers 50% even though it’s plugged into power

My MacBookPro battery registers 50% even though it’s plugged into power all the time. Is this OK, or does it mean that the battery is going bad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:43 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2023 11:59 AM in response to Oscarrich

Please clarify!

Are you talking about percentage Health or percentage charge. They are very different.

If about charging and the computer will not CHARGE past 50%, first try an SMC reset:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

carefully noting there are three instruction sets depending on the sub-model of your Macbook Pro, which we do not know.

If that fails to help, then you need to have Apple evaluate assuming your Macbook Pro is still new enough for them to service:

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

It is possible that we can do a little more in this text-based setting if your share your Macbook Pro's SUB-MODEL and current macOS version, both quickly available by doing "About this Mac..." Example:

For security reasons, please DO NOT post your serial number.

My MacBookPro battery registers 50% even though it’s plugged into power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.