You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using external camera for zoom on ipad pro

I connected the external camera on iPad Pro and it works on FaceTime, but it cannot work on Zoom Meeting, what do i need to do?

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:34 AM

Presumably you have updated your iPad to iPadOS 17.x. While this version of iPadOS supports connection of external USB webcams, Apps must be updated to support the connected external camera. Not all App Developers will necessarily yet support this new feature.

You would be best advised to seek assistance from Zoom Support.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2023 10:34 AM in response to Qn47

Presumably you have updated your iPad to iPadOS 17.x. While this version of iPadOS supports connection of external USB webcams, Apps must be updated to support the connected external camera. Not all App Developers will necessarily yet support this new feature.

You would be best advised to seek assistance from Zoom Support.

Jan 11, 2024 3:48 AM in response to Qn47

Hi, please could you encourage MS Teams and Zoom to enable the use of external webcams if, like me, you are using your IPAD as your device and you are connecting an external webcam for use in Teams or Zoom. At the moment, neither app lets an external webcam to be used in them which is a shame as they are the two main apps used by business meetings. Is there any news when these will be enabled in these apps?

Using external camera for zoom on ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.