You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 17 there is no option to switch to 3g after the update

After updating to iOS 17, the ability to switch to 3g disappeared, 4g is always forced on. in our city it doesn’t work well, in some places there is no internet at all, but it doesn’t switch to 3g automatically. the kcell operator refers to apple. Apple please bring back the ability to switch back.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 11:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 11:59 PM

This is a user-to-user forum. You might want to submit feedback to Apple, and give them more detail - such as the part of the world in which you are having trouble with 4G.

Product Feedback - Apple

U.S. carriers phased out 3G service some time ago, so going into a 3G-only mode here would knock an iPhone off the cell network. I understand that in some other places, the carriers have phased out, or are about to phase out, 3G service. I'm guessing that's the reason behind the removal of the switch.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2023 11:59 PM in response to aidos_bek

This is a user-to-user forum. You might want to submit feedback to Apple, and give them more detail - such as the part of the world in which you are having trouble with 4G.

Product Feedback - Apple

U.S. carriers phased out 3G service some time ago, so going into a 3G-only mode here would knock an iPhone off the cell network. I understand that in some other places, the carriers have phased out, or are about to phase out, 3G service. I'm guessing that's the reason behind the removal of the switch.

ios 17 there is no option to switch to 3g after the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.