You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PROBLEM WITH DUPLICATES.

My laptop Contacts have hundreds of duplicates. When I go to Card/Look for Duplicates it says No Duplicates Found. I can link them one at a time but each one takes 30 seconds or so, so it's impractical. Any ideas?

BTW, I swear it used to say "merge selected cards" and now there is no option for that, only "link selected cards". Could that be related?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 11:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:21 PM

quantumw wrote:

My laptop Contacts have hundreds of duplicates. When I go to Card/Look for Duplicates it says No Duplicates Found. I can link them one at a time but each one takes 30 seconds or so, so it's impractical. Any ideas?

BTW, I swear it used to say "merge selected cards" and now there is no option for that, only "link selected cards". Could that be related?

Are you seeing the lists options on the left?

Can you select a list where the duplicates are not present...

ref:

If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts

Contacts User Guide for Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2023 2:21 PM in response to quantumw

quantumw wrote:

Are you seeing the lists options on the left?

Can you select a list where the duplicates are not present...

ref:

If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts

Contacts User Guide for Mac

PROBLEM WITH DUPLICATES.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.