You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wont recognise my password

The password I set on my laptop when I first set it up is no longer being recognised? What should I do?

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 6:07 AM

Even if you are certain your login password is correct, read and follow If you forgot your Mac login password all the way through and including Learn what to do if you can't reset your password, all the way through to its conclusion.

Be advised the Caps Lock key may be on but its LED is not indicating its proper state, nor is the ⇧ icon in the password field. That can and does happen, so before you do anything drastic just press the Caps Lock key (once) to toggle its actual state. Then try your password again.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2023 6:07 AM in response to Cally122H

Even if you are certain your login password is correct, read and follow If you forgot your Mac login password all the way through and including Learn what to do if you can't reset your password, all the way through to its conclusion.

Be advised the Caps Lock key may be on but its LED is not indicating its proper state, nor is the ⇧ icon in the password field. That can and does happen, so before you do anything drastic just press the Caps Lock key (once) to toggle its actual state. Then try your password again.

wont recognise my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.