You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in cracked backing of iphone

Can I still trade-in my iphone 12 max pro with cracks at back of phone?

There are limited options to choose in the trade-in platform. One that I could probably relate would be the Question "Is the body of your iPhone in good shape?" and when I select "No", it just tell me that the phone can be recycled. However, what is the actual definition of "good shape"?

I did not even notice the cracks until I removed the rubber case which I've been using since Day 1 of owning this phone. Not sure when/where/how it got there. See picture below, is this consider "major cracks"?

Otherwise in general, the iphone is perfectly fine and in good shape.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 7:18 PM

You already got your answer from Apple: recycle it, if you no longer need it.

If you don’t like the Apple offer, consider trying a private sale, or you can continue using it as an iPod or such.

I doubt you’ll get much (if anything) for a private sale with damaged back glass, though.

2 replies

Trade in cracked backing of iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.