You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hundreds of notes all of a sudden are gone from iPhone notes app

Yesterday I had almost a thousand notes stored in my notes app on my iPhone. Today I only have 96. I have no clue how they disappeared but I’ve already updated to the most current OS and made sure everything was backed up to ICloud. I go into ICloud and there are no notes but all my photos are there. I’m also 95% sure my notes were through my Yahoo account anyway and I’ve checked that in settings and everything is as it should be. I also don’t have a recently deleted folder in the notes app for some reason. Any idea as to where hundreds of notes have disappeared to?? Help

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 1:02 AM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2023 1:16 AM in response to TannerW

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

The 2 pics below are self-explanatory.

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sep 12, 2023 1:14 AM in response to TannerW

Notes are always synced through Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email Account

Any data on your device that isn't synced regularly will be stored in your iCloud Backup. With Backup turned on, iCloud takes periodic snapshots of this data to make sure it's easy to restore any time you get a new device. Between syncing and backing up, all of your data is kept safe in the cloud.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support (IN)

Hundreds of notes all of a sudden are gone from iPhone notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.