You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a text message it was delivered to the recipient and received. I clicked undo send before they opened it, is it retrievable?

Is this retrievable

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:00 PM

Here is what Apple says.......Unsend a message

You can undo a recently sent message for up to two minutes after sending it.

Touch and hold the message bubble, then tap Undo Send.

A note confirming that you unsent the message appears in both conversation transcripts: yours and your recipient’s.

If the person you’re messaging is using a device with iOS 16 or later, iPadOS 16 or later, or macOS Ventura, unsending removes the message from their device.

If the person you’re messaging is using a device with iOS 15.6 or earlier, iPadOS 15.6 or earlier, macOS 12 or earlier, or is using SMS, the original message remains in the conversation. When you unsend a message, you’re notified that the recipient may still see the original message in the message transcript.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2023 3:00 PM in response to jas3281

Here is what Apple says.......Unsend a message

You can undo a recently sent message for up to two minutes after sending it.

Touch and hold the message bubble, then tap Undo Send.

A note confirming that you unsent the message appears in both conversation transcripts: yours and your recipient’s.

If the person you’re messaging is using a device with iOS 16 or later, iPadOS 16 or later, or macOS Ventura, unsending removes the message from their device.

If the person you’re messaging is using a device with iOS 15.6 or earlier, iPadOS 15.6 or earlier, macOS 12 or earlier, or is using SMS, the original message remains in the conversation. When you unsend a message, you’re notified that the recipient may still see the original message in the message transcript.

I sent a text message it was delivered to the recipient and received. I clicked undo send before they opened it, is it retrievable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.