You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Passcode for child’s iPhone (not for screen time)

We have my daughter’s iPhone setup with a passcode for the screen time settings to manage when she uses the phone.

But she would like a passcode to be set on her phone so that nobody else can open the phone when she goes to school. Same as I use mine for work etc. I can’t seem to find a way of setting this for her. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 11:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:23 AM

Learn how to set, use, and change a passcode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. --> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

ScreenTime shouldn't prevent use of a passcode, just changing it if that is what you have chosen when setting up the phone.

If she has set up FaceID, that may be used instead of a passcode unless you disable Face ID.

How to set up and use Face ID is described in this support article --> Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

- including how to turn on/off

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2023 6:23 AM in response to markee06

Learn how to set, use, and change a passcode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. --> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

ScreenTime shouldn't prevent use of a passcode, just changing it if that is what you have chosen when setting up the phone.

If she has set up FaceID, that may be used instead of a passcode unless you disable Face ID.

How to set up and use Face ID is described in this support article --> Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

- including how to turn on/off

Setting Passcode for child’s iPhone (not for screen time)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.