You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing indent after bullet points

I am trying to take notes for University class on the Mac notes app. When I make bullet points obviously it idents the page a bit and you can further indent with following subordinate points. However, when I want to go back to the left of the page to start a new topic I can figure out how to get rid of the indent. I try to hit backspace and it just brings me back to the end of the last line. I've tried looking online to troubleshoot and haven't found anything. I attached a screenshot, the red is where I want the text to start.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 4:39 PM

Click on Format > Indentation, Decrease until cursor lands where you want. Also you might need to choose

Format > Body

10 replies

Aug 23, 2023 3:58 PM in response to jonahacuff

jonahacuff wrote:

I am trying to take notes for University class on the Mac notes app. When I make bullet points obviously it idents the page a bit and you can further indent with following subordinate points. However, when I want to go back to the left of the page to start a new topic I can figure out how to get rid of the indent. I try to hit backspace and it just brings me back to the end of the last line. I've tried looking online to troubleshoot and haven't found anything.

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Removing indent after bullet points

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.