You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil 2nd gen replacement

Hello,

my Apple pencil (2nd gen) recently broke down and I took it to certified Apple service, where they gave me a new one, but it came in my old packaging from previous Apple pencil and it is slighlty bent.

So my question is this. Am I entitled to a brand new pencil or just a used replacement?

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:03 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2023 7:18 AM in response to jaka145

According to the warranty, this is what you are entitled to:

If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to Apple or an AASP in accordance with this warranty, Apple will, at its option:

(i) repair the Apple Product using new or previously used Apple genuine parts that have been tested and passed Apple functional requirements,

(ii) replace the Apple Product with a replacement product of the same model (or with your consent a product that has the same or substantially similar features as the original product – e.g., a different model with the same features, or the same model in a different color) that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used Apple genuine parts and has been tested and passed Apple functional requirements.

The “slightly bent” statement concerns me. Will the pencil still charge? Is it functional? You may want to contact the warranty department again and question the condition of the replacement.

Apple pencil 2nd gen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.