You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Desktop Apple music is skipping songs

I'm using Apple Music from the Microsoft Store. However, whenever I attempt to play an album or any searched songs, they just skip automatically. I've tried several things like reinstalling the app, deauthorizing and reauthorizing the computer, and logging in again. Unfortunately, none of these solutions have worked.

After checking the app's reviews on the Microsoft Store, it appears that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Any help?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 11:29 PM

I had the same problem, Finally, I found a solution

STEP 1 : Delete All the files and folders in C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes

STEP 2: Close Apple Music and reopen it

Enjoy..., I hope this method works for you

14 replies

Jul 17, 2024 10:22 AM in response to alifru

Hi, I was experiencing the same issue with Apple Music desktop app, on a Microsoft Windows PC. Some songs were not played, even if I tried to click directly on it. It didn't want to play, and skipped approx. 100 songs (always the same ones). The problem didn't occur when I listened to my songs on the applemusic.com website.

I tried to delete/uninstall the app and downloaded again, it didn't work. I also tried this solution, but didn't work either:

• STEP 1 : Delete All the files and folders in C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes
    • STEP 2: Close Apple Music and reopen it

What finally worked for me:

I noticed that the songs that weren't skipped were "Apple music" songs that had the status "Downloaded" on my PC. So, I right clicked on the songs and did "Remove Download" (NOT "DELETE FROM LIBRARY").

Now it stopped skipping them and I can click to play all of them. I downloaded them again and still working.

Hope this helps!

Apr 16, 2024 6:13 AM in response to alifru

I have the same issue...

The fix DOES NOT work for me...

Only fix i have on windows is going unto the web player... until they fix this.

ONE THING... if you have a long playlist you listen to on the web player... remember to scroll all the way to the bottom first. Otherwise it will only play the songs it have loaded...

Apr 17, 2024 8:31 AM in response to Mildboy

Mildboy wrote:

Can't play music anymore it seems... I just did that... I only had 2 pages. One was Podcast... and i can't remember anything besides the other one NOT being music.

If you install either of the Apple Music, Apple TV, or Apple Devices apps for Windows then any existing install of iTunes becomes crippled such that it will only display Audiobooks and Podcasts sections of the library. Uninstall each of the new apps and iTunes should be restored to working order. You will likely need to actively select the Music section of the library next time you open it.

tt2

Aug 17, 2024 11:31 AM in response to ItzSebas1550

Ok, been trying to figure this out for a long time and FINALLY have it working correctly. By default, the PC Apple Music app is only playing random songs or songs that are downloaded. To test this, download an album, and you'll see that it only downloads random songs, not the entire album. It then skips the ones that are not downloaded.

To fix this, I disabled IPv6 by going to my network Wi-Fi, change adapter options, right click on my network, properties, and uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). I kept IPv4 checked. Now whether I download songs, or not, I can play them all! Hope that helps!

Desktop Apple music is skipping songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.